Master of Business Administration in Executive Management
GMAT/GRE is not required.
- Completion of a four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Normally, at least seven years of full-time relevant work experience, with three years at a management* level and increasing levels of responsibility.
- Under flexible admission, the combination of work experience, education, and professional development is assessed. Applicants must show evidence of having sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to complete a demanding academic course of study at a master's level and have significant business related experience.
- Applicants under flexible admission would normally require at least 10 years of full-time relevant work experience, with five years at a management* level and increasing levels of responsibility.
* Management experience could include one or more of the following:
- Formal organizational management or leadership roles in which you directly supervise staff, budgets, or complete performance-oriented work with individuals, groups, or teams.
- Roles involving consultation, negotiation with, or management of diverse interest groups, in a complex environment.
- Roles in which you lead others toward shared goals and outcomes.
- Roles in which you influence, organize, and coordinate groups of people.
- Please ensure that you demonstrate your management experience in your detailed resume, and clearly indicate how your years of experience meet the requirements
- For all applicants, any aquisition of a professional designation, such as a CA, PMP, or other nationally recognized distinctions, should be noted on your resume in your application package.
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.
- Solid academic and business research, in writing and critical thinking skills are required for success in this program. Applicants need to include detailed information and evidence that highlights research, writing and critical thinking skills gained through academic writing and/or work experience. The applicant's Statement of Intent and Writing Sample will be used as evidence in assessing writing competence. Applicants who wish to refresh or sharpen their academic writing and/or critical thinking skills may be encouraged or required to complete RRU Continuing Studies' Academic Writing and Critical Thinking course with a "B" grade.
- Accounting and numeracy skills are required for success in this program. Applicants need to include detailed information and evidence that highlights accounting and numeracy gained through academic and/or work experience. Applicants who need to refresh and/or sharpen their accounting skills may be required to take an accounting course as a condition of admission. To meet this condition, applicants may be required to successfully complete both of the following RRU Continuing Studies courses with a "B" grade in each: Financial Accounting Fundamentals and Managerial Accounting Fundementals.