Bio (Alisa Gordaneer)
Business, Continuing Studies
Alisa Gordaneer teaches business and technical communications, academic writing and critical thinking for the Royal Roads School of Business and Professional and Continuing Studies. She also teaches journalism and creative writing for Vancouver Island University. When she’s not teaching, Gordaneer writes narrative, journalistic and technical nonfiction, poetry, fiction and screenplays. Her areas of professional interest include clean energy, environment and sustainability, food, popular culture and the arts.
Gordaneer is co-founder and director of content for Ex Machina Media, a media training and content creation company. She has worked as a professional writer, editor and communications consultant since 1991. The former editor-in-chief of Victoria’s Monday Magazine, and features editor for Detroit’s Metro Times, she wrote a regular column Victoria’s Boulevard Magazine until 2014. She has published numerous works of non-fiction and poetry.
- Master of Arts in English from University of Victoria, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Victoria, 1991
- Still Hungry (poetry; Signature Editions, 2015)
- The ABCs of Disease Mongering (with Alan Cassels) Emdash Book Publishing, 2007
- When All Else Fails (poetry; Emdash Book Publishing, 2007)
- Dissecting Grace (poetry; Emdash Book Publishing, 2006)
- War Stories (poetry; Emdash Book Publishing, 2006)