Royal Roads University's grounds are called Hatley Park.
This 565-acre estate is a national historic site, which attracts countless visitors every year. You might see them strolling our formal gardens and forest trails, getting married in our Edwardian castle, attending a conference in our spacious buildings, or even filming the next big Hollywood movie.
Explore Hatley Park's natural beauty:
- Hike a network of extensive trails through old-growth forests.
- Enjoy our formal gardens on a self-guided tour.
- Stroll to the shore for a spectacular sunset view of the Olympic mountains.
Our formal gardens are open 10 a.m to 4 p.m. daily, while the rest of the grounds are open year-round. View the campus map.
A fairy-tale castle, formal gardens, a spacious ballroom and delicious feasts — we have all of the ingredients for a spectacular indoor or outdoor wedding.
Just 25 minutes from downtown Victoria, we're one of the most popular wedding destinations in the region.
Conferences and events
Gather your team or industry for your own world-changing events. We offer state-of-the-art technology and on-site Wi-Fi, and catering services through our exclusive caterer Truffles Catering.
- Go classic: Hatley Castle's elegant drawing room can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Go big: The Grant Quarterdeck Ballroom can accommodate 250 guests.
- Go high-tech: The Centre for Dialogue conference room offers stunning views of the Olympic Mountains, seating for up to 100 and an adjoining reception area.
- Go brand-new: Our new Dogwood Auditorium facility
Media and film
If Hatley Castle looks familiar, that's no accident. It's played the lair of a villain, home of a vigilante and a school for exceptionally gifted youngsters, among many other screen appearances.
The exceptional beauty of our castle and grounds make us a favourite destination for local and international film crews.
Hatley Castle & Park
Including events, wedding services, and the campus store.