Active students (In-course)
The Admiral John Charles and Mary Charles Scholarship has been established to assist Royal Roads students in the School of Humanitarian Studies.
This scholarship was initiated and supported by friends and family of the late Rear Admiral John A. Charles. Admiral Charles had a distinguished military career, including being the Commandant of the Canadian Services College Royal Roads from 1954 to 1957. Admiral Charles and his wife Mary had a strong affection for Royal Roads and were instrumental in establishing the Friends of Hatley Park Society. They were active supporters of the university and attended many events and celebrations fostering a continued connection to the university. Admiral Charles is one of only two individuals to have received an honourary degree from both RRMC and Royal Roads University. The Charles were both very intersted in academic excellence and this award is to honour that commitment and support others from the military in achieving their academic goals.
The scholarship will be given annually to students enrolled in the second year of a School of Humanitarian Studies program.
- Studying in the second year of a School of Humanitarian Studies program
- Serving or retired military personnel
How to apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition in one one-page essay with your name in top margin