Tax forms

If you're a full-time or part-time student, Royal Roads University will provide you with T2202 tax forms.

These tax forms allow you to claim eligible tuition and/or fees for federal and provincial or territorial tax purposes, where applicable.

How to get your form

Tax forms are available for download online by the end of February for the previous tax year.

  • Undergraduate or Graduate program T2202 forms can be downloaded on MyAdmin.
  • Professional and Continuing Studies T2202 forms can be downloaded on the PCS Student Portal for eligible courses .
  • Tax years 2023 forward: If you are enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program and you completed an eligible course from Professional and Continuing Studies, you will download 2 separate forms; one from MyAdmin and one from PCS Student Portal.

Important reminder if you have two T2202 slips for the same tax year

If you were enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, as well as a Professional and Continuing Studies program, you may have two T2022 slips for the same tax year. When preparing your personal income taxes, the same month can only be claimed once when reporting the periods of full-time and part-time studies. 

For example, if enrolled for 4 months as full time, and 1 of those months was also reported as part time on another T2202 slip, you would only claim the full-time status for the month that overlaps. The total months claimed cannot exceed the total months attending studies for the year, and the same month cannot be claimed twice. The eligible tuitions fees are not impacted by this; the full amount on both slips would still be reported.

How to download your forms

Graduate or Undergraduate tax forms can be downloaded on MyAdmin:

  1. Log in to MyAdmin with your username and password.
  2. Select the “MyT2202” link from the left side menu.
  3. Select the tax year you require.
  4. Once the form has been generated, you can print or save the PDF.

Install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat viewer to avoid issues with viewing the T2202 form.

Professional and Continuing tax forms can be downloaded on the PCS Student Portal

  1. Login to your student account through the PCS student portal | Royal Roads University.
  2. Select Tax Receipt from the left-hand menu options
  3. Select the Tax Year from the drop-down menu options 
  4. Click the Print Tax Receipt button
  5. A PDF copy of the document will open in a new window for you to save on your computer or print.

Request a tax form reissue

If you have questions or require a reissue of the T2202 form, email Student Accounts

There's a fee to reissue a tax form.

Tax information

Form T2202 reports only the tuition you have paid and the number of months you've been enrolled in a qualifying educational course or program.

It does not provide assurance that you're eligible for:

  • tuition, education or textbook credit
  • scholarship exemption
  • participation in the lifelong learning plan

You must determine if you're eligible for these tax incentives according to your own circumstances. Find information for students on the Canada Revenue Agency's website or consult your tax advisor.

Eligible tuition fees

Eligible tuition fees that will be on your T2202 tax form include the following:

  • admission fees
  • examination fees
  • application fees (if you enrol in the institution)
  • charges for a certificate, diploma or degree
  • extension fees
  • academic fees
  • student services fees
  • learning support services fees
  • work-integrated learning fees
  • exam fees
  • transfer credit fees

You cannot claim the following as tuition fees:

  • students' association fees
  • medical care
  • transportation and parking
  • meals and lodging
  • goods of lasting value that you will keep, such as a computer, microscope, uniform or an academic gown
  • initiation or entrance fees to a professional organization
  • cost of books (other than books that are included in the total fees for a correspondence course)

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency for more information.

Understanding tuition amounts on your tax form

The eligible tuition amount on your T2202 form may differ from the amount that you have paid in tuition in a given year. The tax form amount reflects the dollar value of courses taken in a calendar year (from January to December), not the year in which you paid for them.

If you pay for a course this calendar year, but you will take the course next calendar year (e.g., you pay for a course in December, but you will take the course in January of the following year), the amount for that course will be included in the next year's tax form.

Providing your Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Since the 2019 tax year, all post-secondary institutions have been required to provide a social insurance number (SIN) on T2202 forms for the Canada Revenue Agency. Royal Roads University provides a T2202 form for all students registered in credit courses and eligible non-credit courses.

Your SIN data will be stored in our secure student management database and will only be accessible by authorized staff.

If you're a non-resident of Canada, you're not required to provide a SIN.

If you don't have a SIN, you can find out how to apply for one on the CRA website.

How to provide your SIN if you're enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program

If you're enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, you can provide your SIN in two ways:

How to provide your SIN if you're enrolled in an eligible Professional and Continuing Studies course

If you're enrolled in an eligible Professional and Continuing Studies course, you can provide your SIN in two ways:

  • Log in to the PCS Student Portal with your Academic Account username (i.e.  or and password
  • Select My Profile from the left menu options, then click on Personal Information
  • In the Social Insurance Number field enter your SIN number in the box provided.  When finished, click Save at the very bottom of the screen to update your information. 
  • For detailed instructions and screenshots please visit Student FAQ | Royal Roads University: How do I update my Social Insurance Number.
  • For questions or assistance adding your Social Insurance Number, phone Professional and Continuing Studies at 250-391-2513 or Toll-free 1-866-890-0220.

International students

Royal Roads University is required to report T2202 information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns. If you're an international student, you'll receive a T2202.

You're required to file a Canadian income tax return if you're a resident of Canada. The T2202 is a tax receipt for tuition paid that can be used as a deduction against income you earn while in Canada.