Consider sustainable ways of travelling to campus, including cycling, public transit or carpooling.
Maps and directions
Google Maps directions to Royal Roads University:
- from downtown Victoria, BC
- from Victoria International Airport (YYJ)
- from Vancouver, BC, via BC Ferries, from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay ferry terminals
- from northern Vancouver Island or Nanaimo, BC, via BC Ferries Departure Bay ferry terminal
- from Washington state
Find information about BC Ferries schedules and fares.
Greater Victoria's cycling trail system connects to our campus. Bike to Royal Roads year-round to stay active, relieve stress and enjoy nature.
Resources for cycling to campus:
- bike routes — Capital Regional District Cycling Map
- bike racks — located outside all buildings on campus, with covered bike racks in front of the Grant and Millward buildings, between the Grant and Nixon buildings and in front of the Recreation Centre
- shower facilities — located in the Recreation Centre or Learning and Innovation Centre
Eligible undergraduate students receive a U-Pass for unlimited BC Transit bus rides in the region. Log in to your user account to learn more.
handyDART also provides an accessible, door-to-door shared transit service for people with permanent or temporary disabilities.
Carpooling and ride-sharing
Travel with other students to campus. You'll save money and reduce the environmental impact of your commute.
Search online for private carpooling or ride-sharing services in Greater Victoria. They help match car owners with passengers with the same route and schedule to share a commute.