Immigration & residency

COVID-19 updates

Immigration and application processes and processing times are being impacted by COVID-19. Visit the IRCC website for the latest information and updates.

Read our response to COVID-19 for Royal Roads information.

Travelling to Canada? Read our travel information for students.

Immigration advising

You can get immigration and advice and information from Student Services in presentations, workshops and one-on-one appointments.

Our regulated international student immigration advisors can help you with:

  • study permits
  • co-op/internship work permits
  • post-graduation work permits
  • temporary resident visas and electronic travel authorizations
  • permits and visas for a student’s spouse and/or dependents

Advisors can't complete applications or represent students to IRCC.

Advisors can't provide support or advice on:

  • permanent residency (e.g., Express Entry or BC PNP)
  • citizenship options
  • permits not related to student status
  • immigration documents for other countries

Have a look at our application tip sheets and IRCC application guides for more help with the immigration permits and visa applications.

Pathway to Permanent Residency info sessions

We often invite regulated Canadian immigration consultants and immigration lawyers to give general information sessions.

These professionals explain the Canadian government's Pathway to Permanent Residency through Express Entry, and the BC Provincial Nominee Program:

The presenters are not Royal Roads staff but they have generously shared their knowledge and expertise. The information shared in the recording may change or be removed without notice.

Contact an RCIC or immigration lawyer with any further questions or for assistance with permanent residency.

Your responsibilities

As an international student, you are responsible for maintaining your status in Canada and following the conditions of your immigration documents.

For more information visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

As a Designated Learning Institution in Canada, Royal Roads University is required to report to IRCC on international student enrolments and academic status. Visit the IRCC website to learn more about the compliance reporting and student enrolment status options.

Study permit reminder system

The Royal Roads study permit reminder system helps you renew your study permit on time. You will get an email reminder a few months before your permit's expiry date.

Enrol in the study permit reminder system in MyAdmin.


Book an appointment for individual immigration advising from one of our immigration advisors.