Active students (In-course)
Indigenous or Metis
Application open date
November 01, 2021 23:59 PM
The Allan Cahoon Global Advancement and Diversity Award has been established as a result of a gift by the Royal Roads Board of Governors to assist Royal Roads students in underrepresented populations who wish to promote diversity. The award will aid in meeting the university’s goals on global advancement and diversity.
Global advancement refers to the university’s strategic and integrated approach to its efforts in support of the vision to “connect people, ideas and experiences to change lives and the world”. Diversity is the recognition and acknowledgement of multiple and overlapping identities that enriches community. Royal Roads is committed to appreciating and celebrating the diversity of students, faculty and staff, with the objective of strengthening the fabric of our communities.
- a member of an under-represented student population
- applicant must describe what they have done or will do to promote diversity in their home community or at Royal Roads
- demonstrate financial need
How to apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from September 1st to November 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition one one-page essay with your name in top margin