Earn university credits

You can apply to take one or two general studies courses at Royal Roads University.

General studies courses allow you to earn university credits without enrolling in a certificate, diploma or degree program. It's a great way to sample what we have to offer.

If you want to continue your studies later, you can apply to one of our programs. You may be able to apply the credits you have earned toward it.


Find current courses, including their start dates, tuition and delivery format.


Domestic tuition fees are included on the course list.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you'll need to pay international tuition fees. Contact Student Accounts with the course name and start date to confirm the international fee.


To register for general studies courses, you need approval from the Dean (or designate).

Submit the course request form at least 90 days before the course start date. Some courses may continue to accept submissions closer to the start date.

Prerequisites or supporting documentation may be required.

Other course options

Find other flexible, non-credit courses, executive education, and certificates through our Professional and Continuing Studies.

Search our current courses:


Refine results