Our new strategic vision, Learning for Life: 2045 and Beyond, celebrates our past and looks forward 25 years.
Inspiring people with the courage to transform the world.
A diverse and supportive community for our students, faculty and staff.
Innovation in all we do; we continually seek new and better ways to do things.
Bold in our actions, we welcome challenges and take thoughtful risks.
Any age, any stage, any place
We’re an engine of lifelong learning for students no matter where they are in the world, their careers and their lives.
Explore, share, advance
We support interdisciplinary research that pushes boundaries, removes barriers and finds solutions to today’s critical issues.
Invite in, venture out
We engage communities locally, nationally and globally — leaning into partnerships, learning from others and warmly welcoming all people.
Vibrant and sustainable
We champion a sustainable campus with leading-edge infrastructure and online platforms — one that is a top workplace in Canada and takes action on reconciliation, equity, diversity and inclusion.
We have six critical commitments, grounded in our goals and actions:
- Build on strengths in applied and professional programming, inter- and transdisciplinarity and innovative delivery.
- Grow our innovative and entrepreneurial culture, and respond quickly to changes in the workplace and society.
- Enhance the inclusion and engagement of people of diverse backgrounds and ideas in all aspects of university life.
- Implement the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and honour the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- Advance sustainability in all our academic programs and operations, with a focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Promote research and education to tackle the climate crisis, rapid advances in technology and interconnected social, economic and political challenges.