International student services

Two people sit on a couch looking at a phone while studying together.

As an international student, you'll soon feel at home in Canada and at Royal Roads.

You have the courage to pursue your education in a new country. The creative mind to help you to adapt. You'll arrive at a caring university that's ready to welcome you.

We're here to help you make the most of your life-changing move.

We've shared tips below to help you prepare for your arrival. And, we'll send you tips by email from Student Engagement before you arrive.

You'll love it here

Our program guide for international students will help you see yourself studying at Royal Roads.

Student orientation

Participate in orientation activities to welcome you to Royal Roads and our vibrant community. You'll be invited to attend sessions with information specific to international students.

International student experience

Prepare for life in Canada as a Royal Roads student. Learn about the international student experience.

Letters of support

We can provide you with a letter of support, which you will need when applying for your immigration paperwork.

Permits and visas

International students in programs longer than six months need a study permit and temporary resident permit from the Canadian government.

Immigration advising

Royal Roads offers immigration advising to help you with items like study permits, work permits and visas.

Health insurance

Health insurance is required in British Columbia.

Royal Roads University international students are required to have basic medical insurance, at minimum.

Health insurance information for international students.

Working in Canada

If you'd like to work while studying in Canada, you'll need to follow guidelines and permit requirements from the Government of Canada. You might also be eligible to work in Canada after you graduate.