All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
In order to apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the status of your application at any time.
Applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts from ALL post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, for all credit courses and/or programs. Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
All international transcripts or credentials are subject to an international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
Statement of Intent
The Statement of Intent should consist of (but is not limited to) a two to three page essay, addressing the following guiding questions:
- Why do you wish to enroll in this program?
- What sector do you currently work in or wish to work in?
- Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
- What leadership / management positions have you held or what paid or volunteer experiences have you had that required you to exercise leadership?
- What experience do you have working collaboratively in a team?
- What unique skills do you bring to the program?
If there is any other information that you feel might be of interest or relevance to your application, please include it in the Statement of Intent.
Your detailed resume should include the following:
- Education: List all post-secondary education, degrees, diplomas, and certificates you have achieved.
- Work Experience: Please include name of organization, length of service and a brief description of duties.
- Voluntary / Unpaid Work Experience: List and describe any voluntary/unpaid post-secondary employment and/or community service experience. Please include the name of the organization, length of service, and a brief description of duties. List positions you have held in this service.
- Information Technology Training and Experience: Briefly describe your level of training and experience in the use of information technology including computers, software and telecommunications networks as tools for business, education, teaching and personal use.
- Professional Memberships/Affiliations: List memberships and positions you hold/have held in professional associations, service clubs, community/volunteer sector.
- Other relevant information: Provide any other information which you believe is relevant to your application and will be of assistance to the review committee.
Letters of Reference
Typically, applicants will provide one professional letter and one academic or personal character reference letter.
- Academic Reference: To be relevant, the education should have been completed within the past five years or you are still in regular contact with the professor. This letter should attest to your performance in the context of your current or previous studies. The letter can address such areas as academic achievement, study skills, teamwork, leadership potential, human relations, flexibility, communication, and technical skills.
- Professional Reference: This letter should attest to your current or previous performance in your professional life. The letter can address areas such as communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills, management potential, work ethic, etc.
- Personal Character Reference: Your personal character reference should consist of a letter from someone who has known you for several years outside of the context of your work. Please ask the writer to indicate the length of time and context in which they have known you, and to consider the following attributes in their letter about you: integrity, responsibility, adaptability, concern and respect for others, sense of self-esteem and confidence, communication skills and work ethic.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada, must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
- Other information or documents as may be requested to determine your eligibility
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the document submission guidelines.