Application open date
January 01, 2020
Through the generosity of the Royal Bank of Canada Foundation, RBC Community Integrated Learning Grants will provide two grants of $5,000 this year to students who are completing a career learning and development (CLD) work term in the community of at least 420 hours with a small business (<10 full time employees), non-profit, or charitable organization that cannot otherwise provide wages or compensation.
Grant funding will be awarded to recipients in two stages: 75% at the start of the work term and 25% upon submission of a satisfactory Impact Report to the Financial Aid & Awards office. Award payments will be applied first as credit to any overdue tuition and fees.
- enrolled in a RRU program requiring a CLD work term of at least 420 hours for graduation
- completion of the grant application form to the satisfaction of a small business, non-profit or charitable organization offering a placement, and the WIL program office
- agreement to conditions described in the application form
- agreement to complete an Impact Report at the conclusion of the work term
- preference given for students demonstrating leadership in overcoming personal challenges (e.g. first in the family to attend university, remote home community, former Child in Care, etc.).
How to apply
A Call for Applications, that will include a copy of the application form, will be issued by email to eligible cohorts 30 days before November 1st, pending availability of funding:
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application with 30 days of the competition deadline.