- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree, preferably in a related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution, normally with a minimum admissions GPA of ‘B’ (3.00/4.33).
- At least two years of full-time work experience within the tourism or hospitality industry.
- Under flexible admission, the combination of work experience, education, and professional development is assessed. Applicants must show evidence of having sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to complete a demanding academic course of study at a graduate level and have significant industry related experience.
As a general guideline:
- Applicants with no post-secondary education would normally require a minimum of seven years of progressive work experience, three years of which would be in a leadership role.
- Applicants who have completed some post-secondary education (but who do not meet our 4-year degree requirement) will be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis with greater emphasis placed on the quality and years of work experience.
- Solid research, academic writing and critical thinking skills are required for success in this program. Applicants need to include detailed information and evidence that highlights research, academic writing and critical thinking skills gained through academic and/or work experience. The applicant’s Statement of Intent will be used as one piece of evidence in assessing writing competence.
- Applicants who need to refresh or sharpen their academic writing and critical thinking skills may be encouraged or required to take the Academic Writing and Critical Thinking offered by Professional and Continuing Studies.
English Language Proficiency
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.