Graduate Certificate in Project Management
All applications to this program require submission of the following information and supporting documents before your file can be assessed for admission:
In order to apply online, you will be required to create a log-in account using your email address. You will be required to list all credit courses and/or programs you have completed or are currently enrolled in. An application fee will be required. If your application fee(s) are being paid for by a sponsoring organization, please contact Student Accounts. Once submitted, you may check the status of your application at any time.
In accordance with RRU's admissions policy and practices, applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all post-secondary (higher education) institutions currently or previously attended, though exceptions may apply for some Graduate Certificate in Project Management applicants as outlined below:
- All applicants must declare all post-secondary studies (courses, programs, transfer credit, etc.) in their application.
- As part of the application process, applicants anticipating acceptance by Standard Admission will be required to provide an official transcript for the highest level, most relevant and/or most recent degree credential(s). Whenever possible, applicants are also encouraged to provide unofficial (or official) transcripts from all other institutions currently or previously attended. Additional documents may be requested at any time during the application process. Additionally, upon acceptance Admissions will determine which, if any, additional transcripts or documents will be required, and these requirements may be noted as a condition of admission.
- As part of the application process, applicants anticipating consideration under Flexible Admission must submit all official transcripts for all institutions currently or previously attended.
In all cases, applicants are responsible for arranging for the submission of official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official only if submitted directly by the Registrar or other recognized authority of the providing institution in the institution's original, sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcripts are no longer official and new (official) transcripts will be required to complete your application.
Transcripts are not required for non-credit programs or courses, though some programs may require proof of professional certifications or designations.
All international transcripts or credentials are subject to an international transcript and/or credential evaluation.
The personal statement should be approximately one page in length and should outline your motivation for seeking entrance to the program. The statement should address the topic of how the Graduate Certificate in Project Management will contribute to your future career. Relate this to who you are, what you feel you will gain from the program, and the strengths you feel you could bring to the program.
Two Reference Letters
These documents can be written in a variety of formats. In essence, we expect the letters of reference to confirm that you are a suitable candidate for the program, why s/he feels you will succeed in the program, and describe how the program will benefit you. The context in which the referee has come to know you should also be mentioned (professional, academic, personal, volunteer, etc).
Your detailed resume should include the following:
- Education: List all post-secondary education, degrees, diplomas, and certificates you have achieved.
- Work Experience: Please include name of organization, length of service and a brief description of duties.
- Voluntary/Unpaid Work Experience: List and describe any voluntary/unpaid post-secondary employment and/or community service experience. Please include the name of the organization, length of service, and a brief description of duties. List positions you have held in this service.
- Information Technology Training and Experience: Briefly describe your level of training and experience in the use of information technology including computers, software and telecommunications networks as tools for business, education, teaching and personal use.
- Professional Memberships/Affiliations: List memberships and positions you hold/have held in professional associations, service clubs, community/volunteer sector.
- Other relevant information: Provide any other information which you believe is relevant to your application and will be of assistance to the review committee.
- Applicants declaring permanent resident or Convention Refugee status in Canada must submit a copy of their Permanent Resident Card (PR card) along with their application.
- Transcript evaluation fee or credential evaluation report, if submitting international transcripts.
- An official English Language Proficiency score report or other evidence of proficiency if English is not your primary language.
- Other information or documents as may be requested to determine your eligibility.
For information on how and where to send your supporting documents, please refer to the document submission guidelines.
Review the admission requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Project Management.