Graduate Diploma in Human Security and Peacebuilding
- Four year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field*, with a minimum GPA of 'B+' (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
* Relevant and related fields are defined by each program based on disciplinary and/or professional practices. Applicants are required to address how they consider their academic education to be relevant and related to their desired program of study within the personal statement questions.
- Applicants who meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA requirement, will be required to have a minimum 5 years of relevant* professional experience.
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree will normally require 10 years of work experience, with a minimum of two years of relevant* professional experience in a leadership or management position**, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All flexible admission applicants will be required to take "Academic Writing and Critical Thinking" and obtain a minimum B+ (77%).
* Each program, based on disciplinary and/or professional practices, defines what is considered relevant professional experience. Applicants are required to address how/why they consider their respective supervisory (and overall work experience) to be relevant and related to their desired program of study within the personal statement questions.
** Experience in a leadership or management position is considered on the basis of a holistic review of career progression, which demonstrates increasing competency and/or responsibility. This can include, but is not limited to, supervisory functions, signing responsibilities, contributions to organisational change and/or implementation of organisational vision and mission. Applicants are required to address how they consider their work experience to meet these requirements within the personal statement
English Language Requirements
- If English is not your primary language, please review our English Language Requirements.