RRU in the Media
Webinar - Gender Equity In and Through Sport
In episode 4 of our webinar series on Sport, Leadership and Social Change, we explore the advancement of women’s rights through and within sport.
In this upcoming episode, we will speak with sport leaders about some of the barriers to women’s representation in sport, the battle to change limiting mindsets, what it takes to tackle unconscious bias and the challenges we see ahead. We will also discuss how far women have come in sport, what initiatives are underway and working, and where we see opportunities for positive change for women and girls across the sport landscape. It's only fitting that this webinar occurs on International Women's Day.
Our guest panelists include:
- Pamphinette Buisa: Rugby Canada and Black Lives Matter rally organizer/speaker
- Lorraine Lafreniere: CEO Coaching Association of Canada and advocate for SafeSport
- Allison Sandmeyer-Graves: CEO Canadian Women and Sport and advocate for Gender Equity
- Gabriela Estrada: Program Director Fast and Female and advocate for women in leadership
- Kate Haber-Sauks: Rowing Canada “The Mommy Double” and Researcher on postpartum competition
Date: Monday, March 8, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (Pacific Time)
Learn more about the Sport, Leadership, and Social Change webinar series.