Bio (William R. Holmes)
William R. Holmes
Dr. William Holmes currently teaches at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. He has designed and delivered courses in Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Human Resources, International Business and Creativity in Business. Holmes has served on the Board of Governors of the Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning. He’s has also served as Treasurer and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee on the Board of Directors for NAFSA: The Association of International Educators.
Holmes has taught at Royal Roads University, Copenhagen Business School, Simon Fraser University, University of Northern British Columbia, and the Higher Colleges of Technology.
Holmes has served as Vice-President Academic & Provost and Dean of the Faculty of Management at Royal Roads. Previously, he worked at Sheridan College in Toronto, first as Dean of Business and then Vice Provost. He has held positions as Adjunct Professor and Executive Director of the Undergraduate Program in Business at Simon Fraser University and as Instructional Manager, Business at the Higher Colleges of Technology in the United Arab Emirates.
Holmes’ career spans corporate and educational sectors and has included assignments in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Doctor of Business Administration, Australian Graduate School of Business, University of Southern Queensland, 2008.
- Master of Business Administration, University of British Columbia, 1997.
- Master of Arts, Philosophy (Ethics), University of Waterloo, 1995.
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours Philosophy, University of Waterloo, 1994.
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Waterloo, 1992.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, 2013.
- Certified General Accountant (CGA), Certified General Accountants of Ontario, 2013.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Management Accountants of Canada, 2010.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL), Human Resource Professional Association of Ontario, 2014.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), BC Human Resource Management Association, 2006.
- Associate Fellow, Institute of Islamic Banking and Insurance, London, 2004.
- Member, Trust Institute (MTI), Trust Companies Institute of Canada, Toronto, 1991.
- Holmes, W.R., 2014, ‘Student Success in the Creative Economy’, paper presented at the 2014 International Forum of Higher Education in Media and Communication: The Internationalization of Higher Education in the Era of New Media – Strategy for China, Communications University of China (CUC) and The International League of Higher Education in Media and Communication (MLeague), Beijing, September 20, 2014.
- Grace, D., Cohen, S. and Holmes, W.R., 2014, Business Ethics; A Canadian Perspective, 1st Canadian Edition, Oxford University Press, London.
- Holmes, W.R., 2008, ‘A Theoretical Framework for the Investigation of the Determinants of Corporate Environmental Policy’, in Interdisciplinary Environmental Review, vol. 10, no. 1-2, pp. 110-147.