A course is designated as Service Level 3 if it is brand new or needs significant learning design support.
A course with this designation will:
- follow the learning design process
- require approval from Curriculum Committee
- have a course developer and faculty member contracted at least six months in advance to do course development work (they work in partnership with a CTET Instructional Designer, who manages the process and timeline)
- 16 weeks before opening: Curriculum Committee gives the new or revised course outline final approval.
- Six weeks ahead before: Readings and resource list is considered final, and any edits must be complete. Copyright clears the list in Moodle.
- Four weeks before: all course development work complete and run through the course checklist to ensure the course is ready. The instructional designer sends the course to technical review.
- Two weeks before: Instructional designer sends the course to final review.