A course is designated as Service Level 2 if it:
- has run before
- requires some learning design or development work
- needs a final review and instructional design support
Instructors of courses designated Service Level 2 may be:
- new to Royal Roads or teaching with Moodle
- assigned to SL2 because no instructor was identified 14 weeks prior to course start date
- wanting the course to have a final review and instructional design support
- a course developer or faculty member who has been contracted for moderate development work
16–24 weeks before opening: Program verifies which course to be used for copy.
- 15 weeks before: CTET copies course contents into new shell.
- Six weeks before: Readings and resource list is considered final, and any edits must be done by this date. Copyright clears the list in Moodle.
- Four weeks before: All course development work complete and run through the course checklist to ensure course is ready, and the instructional designer sends the course to technical review.
- Two weeks before: Instructional designer sends course to final review.