- We support your choice to wear a mask or not.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols remain in place.
- Health and safety measures may change in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check with the front desk to see what has changed.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Stay fit while you study
The Recreation Centre is free for Royal Roads University students and open to faculty, staff and the public.
The Recreation Centre includes:
- a fully-equipped free weight room
- more than 30 cardio machines, including treadmills, rowing machines, upright and recumbent bikes and ellipticals
- a yoga and fitness studio
- basketball and badminton court (priority drop-in times are listed in the schedule below)
Hours of operation
Monday to Thursday: 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday & Statutory holidays: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed December 25
Safety and wellness policies and procedures
We have a few new policies and procedures in place for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. Here is what you can expect:
- Lockers and cubbies are available for use while you are in the facility.
- There are sanitizer bottles throughout the Recreation Centre for cleaning equipment and we will give you a cleaning towel when you arrive. Clean the equipment before and after you use it.
- You will still be able to fill your personal water bottle from the fountain. Please remember to BYOB (bring your own bottle).
- We will no longer be offering towel service. Please remember to bring your own sweat towel.
- We still have our wonderful studio and weight room as well as our court.
- Our prices have not changed and we still offer memberships (1,3,6,12 months), punch-passes (10 and 25), or a drop-in to use the facility.
Members of the public are welcome to join the Recreation Centre. Find pass options and membership rates.
The Recreation Centre is located on College Drive and is a 10-minute walk from the Grant Building.
See the campus map.
Parking is available free of charge for public members. Ask for a pass at the reception desk.