- We support your choice to wear a mask or not
- Proof of vaccination will continue to be required after April 8, 2022
- Please check with the front desk to see what has changed
We look forward to seeing you soon!
We will keep you updated as new health orders influence our policies and procedures.
As of October 24, 2021, you are required to show proof of full vaccination before using the recreation centre. All WHO approved COVID-19 vaccines can be used to meet the proof of vaccination requirements; however, out-of-province students are encouraged to register to receive a BC Vaccine Card after arriving in BC.
Thank you for your continued support!
Stay fit while you study
The Recreation Centre is free for Royal Roads University students and open to faculty, staff and the public.
The Recreation Centre includes:
- a fully-equipped free weight room
- more than 30 cardio machines, including treadmills, rowing machines, upright and recumbent bikes and ellipticals
- a yoga and fitness studio
- basketball & badminton court (priority drop-in times on schedule below)
Hours of operation
Monday to Thursday: 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed December 25
Safety and wellness policies and procedures
We have a few new policies and procedures in place for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. Here is what you can expect:
- Lockers and cubbies are available for use while you are in the facility.
- There are sanitizer bottles and paper towel throughout the Recreation centre for cleaning equipment. Clean the equipment before and after you use it.
- You will still be able to fill your personal water bottle from the fountain. Please remember to BYOB (bring your own bottle).
- We will no longer be offering towel service. Please remember to bring your own sweat towel.
- We still have our wonderful studio and weight room as well as our court.
- Our prices have not changed, but you are required to have a membership or punch-pass to use the facility. We no longer offer a one-time drop-in fee.
Members of the public are welcome to join the Recreation Centre. Find pass options and membership rates.
The Recreation Centre is located on College Drive and is a 10-minute walk from the Grant Building.
See the campus map.
Parking is available free of charge for public members. Ask for a pass at the reception desk.