Some parts of our facility are closed and some services have been adjusted due to COVID-19. Contact us for more information.
We will keep you updated as new health orders influence our policies and procedures.
Starting September 13, 2021, the BC Public Health Officer’s vaccine requirement for certain non-essential services comes into effect. You are now required to show proof of at least your first vaccination before you use the RRU Recreation Centre. If you have only had your first dose, you will be required to show proof of your second dose by October 24th, 2021. All WHO approved COVID-19 vaccines can be used to meet the proof of vaccination requirements; however, out-of-province students are encouraged to register to receive a BC Vaccine Card after arriving in BC.
Thank you for your continued support!
Stay fit while you study
The Recreation Centre is free for Royal Roads University students and open to faculty, staff and the public.
The Recreation Centre includes:
- a fully-equipped free weight room
- more than 30 cardio machines, including treadmills, rowing machines, upright and recumbent bikes and ellipticals
- a yoga and fitness studio
Hours of operation
Monday to Thursday: 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed December 25
Safety and wellness policies and procedures
We have a few new policies and procedures in place for everyone’s safety and wellbeing. Here is what you can expect:
- Masks are required in the Recreation Centre.
- Lockers and cubbies are available for use while you are in the facility.
- You will be given a personal spray bottle for cleaning equipment. Clean the equipment before and after you use it. Leave the bottle at the back door when exiting the building. You will find paper towels throughout the Recreation Centre for cleaning.
- You will still be able to fill your personal water bottle, but will be unable to drink from the fountain. Please remember to BYOB (bring your own bottle).
- Our equipment has been spaced out and we have used the basketball court area to meet physical distancing requirements. This means that we no longer offer any type of court sport.
- We will no longer be offering towel service. Please remember to bring your own sweat towel.
- We still have our wonderful studio and weight room.
- Our prices have not changed, but you are required to have a membership or punch-pass to use the facility. We no longer offer a one-time drop-in fee.
Members of the public are welcome to join the Recreation Centre. Find pass options and membership rates.
The Recreation Centre is located on College Drive and is a 10-minute walk from the Grant Building.
See the campus map.
Parking is available free of charge for members and drop-in visitors. Ask for a pass at the reception desk.