Letters of support

Letters of support

You will sometimes need a letter from us to confirm that you are a student at Royal Roads. We provide the following options.

Confirmation of enrolment letters

Confirmation of enrolment letters prove that you are a student at Royal Roads. You might also hear them called a “letter of enrolment” or a “letter of support.”

Our Registrar's Office provides confirmation of enrolment letters.

Like official transcripts, these letters are important documents if you are an international student.

There are many reasons why you may need one:

  • study permit extension
  • temporary resident visa (TRV) or electronic travel authorizations (eTAs)
  • work permit or social insurance number
  • for banking purposes (including money transfers)
  • applying for a visa to enter another country
  • renewing your passport
  • returning to Canada from a visit abroad
  • military service exemption in your home country
  • applying for post graduate work permit
  • convocation invitation letter

See the Registrar's Office information and forms section in MyAdmin to request confirmation of enrolment letters.

Letter of support for practicum and internship work permits

Some Royal Roads programs include work experiences, such as a practicum or internship, as part of the curriculum.

If you are an international student, you will need a letter of support to apply for the IRCC co-op work permit required for these work experiences.

To request your co-op/internship letter of support for your work permit application, complete the online application form. We will process your request within five business days.

If you have any questions about this letter, you can contact the Student Engagement team.

Letters of accommodation or consideration

If you have a disability or a temporary health challenge, you can receive counselling or support from Accessibility Services. Depending on your situation, staff may be able to help you by providing you with a letter of accommodation or letter of consideration.