Royal Roads University provides access to two video conferencing platforms: Collaborate Ultra and Zoom.
Both can be used to meet with individuals or groups in a virtual, face-to-face environment. You can teach a class, host a synchronous session or make a recording to show later.
Features of Zoom and Collaborate Ultra:
- audio and video conferencing (mobile-friendly)
- screen or application sharing
- file sharing
- a chat for messaging the group or individuals
- permissions settings for moderators and participants
- the option to use a phone for audio
- guest access provided by a web link
- session recording
- accounts for faculty and staff to create and manage their sessions
Using Collaborate Ultra
Faculty and staff can use Collaborate Ultra on its own or within Moodle.
Royal Roads instructors can create their own Collaborate room within Moodle by adding a Collaborate activity to their course.
To get a Collaborate room that is not associated with a Moodle course, contact CTET Studio.
Help using Collaborate Ultra
- Collaborate Ultra articles in IT Knowledgebase
- video tour for Collaborate Ultra participants
- video tour for Collaborate Ultra moderators
- how to use the whiteboard and file sharing
- how to do screen sharing
- how to use the polling feature
- how to use breakout groups
Support for Collaborate Ultra
CTET offers support for Collaborate Ultra:
- one-on-one and on-demand training
- technical support during your first live session
- setting up rooms external to Moodle (e.g., for an online meeting space not connected to a course)
Contact CTET Studio for assistance.