Northwestern Polytechnic (formerly Grande Prairie Regional College)
Bachelor of Science university transfer program
Royal Roads University
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Practice
Objective of the Agreement
RRU agrees to facilitate the 2 + 2 transfer (two years at NWP and two years at RRU) of students from NWP with appropriate prerequisite qualifications into the RRU programs within the School of Environment and Sustainability noted below. By this agreement, applicants from NWP who meet the requirements outlined below will be eligible for admission to RRU with full 60 credit block transfer, provided all other entrance criteria are met (per the program admission requirements on the RRU website) and space remains available in the RRU program. Students who complete the NWP Two Year Bachelor of Science University Transfer program with a minimum “B” (3.00/4.33) GPA can transfer to the RRU programs below:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science: Approved for transfer. A minimum 60 credits are required and 24 must be second year level. Students must also meet the requirements below as part of their electives:
- Six credits (two courses) in chemistry with a laboratory component in at least one course.
- Six credits (two courses) in biology.
- Six credits (two courses) in math or physics (may include three credits of statistics), with at least one course in linear algebra or calculus.
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Practice: Approved for transfer with a minimum 60 credits
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science: Approved for transfer with a minimum 60 credits
Have a question?
We’re here to help. We can answer your questions, help you understand your options and support you throughout the application process.