Students helping students
The kindness of Royal Roads ambassadors sets the tone for the student experience on campus.
As a campus ambassador, you'll be a friendly face at welcome celebrations, events, campus tours and activities.
You'll meet new and current students, answer questions and share your experiences and enthusiasm for Royal Roads.
Become a campus ambassador
Volunteers from around the world are invited to apply to become campus ambassadors.
In this role, you'll:
- commit up to three hours a week (occasionally, more hours required for big events)
- increase awareness of activities, events and opportunities that strengthen the Royal Roads community
- help plan and put on events, including putting up posters, circulating flyers, sharing updates on social media and running an information booth
- attend a training session
- familiarize yourself with university policies
- support the learning and development of students
As a campus ambassador, you'll gain experience to enhance your résumé, receive a recognition letter for your contributions and attend our annual volunteer appreciation party.
The ambassador who shows the most innovation and initiative will earn a certificate of achievement.
Becoming a campus ambassador
To be eligible to be a campus ambassador you must:
- be a current student in good academic standing
- maintain satisfactory academic progress
Fill out the application form to apply to be a campus ambassador.