Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) from Program of Study

Regulation type
Section 2: Student Status

A student may voluntarily withdraw (VW) from a program of study by notifying the Registrar's Office in writing. The date of the withdrawal will be the date the written notification was received by the Registrar's Office. Students who are withdrawing from a program and are enrolled in courses in progress that are less than one-half complete will be given a "Voluntary Withdrawal." For courses starting on or after September 1, 2017, the voluntary withdrawal grade will appear on the official transcript. Should the course(s) in progress be more than one-half complete, the student's final grade will be changed to "Required to Withdraw" from the course(s) and this will be reflected on the student's official transcript.

A student who voluntarily withdraws from a program may apply for reinstatement. A request for reinstatement must be made in writing to the Registrar's Office. The Dean will evaluate the student's request and may require supporting documentation to be attached to the student's original application. The Dean will determine the course of studies required for completion of the degree requirements. The student may be required to repeat previously completed courses to ensure currency of program competencies, outcomes and knowledge at the time of degree completion. Time away is included in the calculation of a student's maximum completion deadline. Students who have exceeded their maximum completion deadline may be required to re-apply for admission. Students who are reinstated are required to pay a tuition deposit in order to secure registration.