Parchment Name Standards

Regulation type
Section 2: Student Status

A student's full legal name is the only name that can be used on a Royal Roads University parchment. Names are printed on parchments using the convention: first name, middle name(s), and last name. The Registrar's Office requires proof of name change in order to update a student's official record. Appropriate documents are defined as:

  • Birth certificate
  • Canadian Immigration Record of Landing or Permanent Residence Card
  • International Passport (for Canadians, a Canadian Citizenship card is acceptable)
  • Canadian Immigration Study document
  • Marriage certificate
  • Documentation verifying a legal name change
  • Statutory declaration
  • Driver's license