Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service. Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices and share files. In addition to a website, Google Drive offers apps with offline capabilities for all computer and mobile devices. Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. Files created and edited through the office suite are saved in Google Drive.
- Free 15GB space between your Google Drive and Gmail account.
- Save Gmail attachments directly into Google Drive.
- Edit and share documents with others synchronously.
- Scan all your paper documents with Drive for Android and Drive will store them instantly as PDFs.
- See old versions of documents to see what changes were done and by whom.
A Google account is required to use Google Drive. For more information, watch this overview video that explains the basics of Google Drive.