New students (Entrance)
Royal Roads University has established a bursary program to provide financial assistance towards the post-secondary education of dependents of Canadian Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active military mission since January 1, 2002 as determined by Canadian Forces criteria. This scholarship program is effective from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2020.
The value of the bursary aims to be the cost of tuition for academic years 3 and 4 of the below-listed undergraduate program at RRU over a maximum of two years, pending the availability of funding to allocate amongst the number of qualified applicants. Ancillary fees and other fees, textbooks, tuition paid to other institutions for electives/transfer courses, and normal cost of living will be the responsibility of the recipient.
- be a dependent of a Canadian Forces personnel deceased while serving in an active military mission.
- be under the age of twenty-six at the start of the academic program.
- completes an Authorization for Release of Information (attach to essay as page 2).
- demonstrates financial need.
- studying towards obtaining his or her first degree.
- entering one of these undergraduate programs:
BA in Global Tourism Management
BA in Interdisciplinary Studies
BA in International Hotel Management
BA in Justice Studies
BA in Professional Communication
Bachelor of Business Administration
BCom in Entrepreneurial Management
BSc in Environmental Management
BSc in Environmental Science
How to apply
- this Entrance Award is open to students who will be active in their program after the bursary deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from:
- March 1st to May 1st (closes 11:59pm RRU time), and
- June 1st to August 1st (closes 11:59pm RRU time)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin