Bio (Kaveh Sarmast)
Kaveh Sarmast has practiced social economy and management as an academic and consultant. During this time he developed and taught a vast area of interdisciplinary courses. Sarmast joined the Master of Global Management program at Royal Roads University in 2019. He’s enthusiastic about teaching and research in business, leadership, entrepreneurship and social economy - where he developed the intellectual competency over the past two decades.
Sarmast is also an experienced management consultant who coupled his academic knowledge with real-life practice while serving tens of businesses. He loves listening to classical music and enjoys reading history, poetry and politics.
Sarmast taught cooperative theory and management, social entrepreneurship, development studies and political economy at the Allameh Tabataba’i University and the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences in Tehran. He's taught at several other institutes of higher education in Iran’s capital. Sarmast also conducted a research fellowship at the Center for Cooperative and Community-Based Economy at the University of Victoria and taught for their Faculty of Continuing Studies.
As CEO of Management Superior Systems Co. Ltd., Sarmast offered professional research and business consulting services in a several managerial areas.
He has delivered many training courses and workshops. Sarmast was the Chair of the Iranian Association of Graduates in Economics from 2008 to 2013. He played a vital role in the development of the community, participating in many seminars on Iranian and global economic issues.
Sarmast received a PhD in economics from the University of Belgrade in 2009. His dissertation examines new trends in the international co-operative movement. He also received a Master of Arts in Economics from the University of Belgrade in 1993 and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Sociology and History from Bangalore University in 1984.
- Sarmast, K. (2017) “Cooperative Movement in Iran, Agony of Development – Economics, Agency, Justice, Activism,” Pp 81-99, Edited by P. Vahabzadeh. Cham, Switzerland, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Sarmast, K. (2010) “Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship” (Unpublished Textbook), Allameh Tabatabai University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
- Sarmast, K. (2010) “Cooperative Theory and Practice” (Unpublished Textbook), Allameh Tabatabai University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
- Sarmast K., SHARIFIAN SANI M., “Leading the Revolution.” By Gary Hamel (2010) Translation from English to Persian by, Pages 300, Tehran, Iran. Nashre Fara Publication.
- Sarmast, K. (2011) ‘The Essence of Co-operative Economy in Resolving Sustainable Development Issues”. Scientific and Research Journal “Social Development and Welfare Planning” – Affiliated to the Allameh Tabataba’i University, Social Faculty, Volume 8. Third Year, Issue of fall, PP. 123-155
- Sarmast, K. (1996) “The Role of Co-operatives in Development of Agriculture.“ Scientific and Research Seasonal Journal of Agricultural Economy and Development, Volume 13, Issue of spring, PP. 271-290.