The Transition Award is available to Adult Basic Education (ABE) students who have completed, or will be completing, a minimum of three Adult Basic Education (ABE) courses at a BC public post-secondary institution this year and are planning to enroll in full time public post-secondary studies at a BC institution the upcoming year.
- transitioning from ABE to a full-time post-secondary course load this year.
- are Canadian citizens, permanent residents (landed immigrants), convention refugees, or protected persons living in Canada; and
- are residents of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in BC for at least 12 months prior to the date of the award application
- have clearly demonstrated meaningful volunteer and/or community service*
- can describe clear career/life and education goals.
*Applicants who can demonstrate family and/or employment obligations that limited volunteer and/or community service opportunities will be considered eligible.
How to apply
Visit the BC Scholarship Society webpage to learn more about this award.