The Premier’s International Scholarship is suspended in light of current federally mandated COVID-19 restrictions which prevent all but essential international travel. The Society will continue to monitor changes to current travel restrictions and may re-open these scholarship programs at a later date.
Scholarships for credential granting study abroad and are awarded to students demonstrating exceptional academic achievement and a clear sense of how a globally literate citizenry impacts our society.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you…
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada;
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residence in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the date of full-time enrollment in the program for which the scholarship is applied for;
- have achieved a minimum B+ academic standing;
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application;
- are enrolled full-time in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States;
- will be studying abroad for a period of no less than three months (not including travel time);
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years;
- have not previously received a Premier’s International Scholarship;
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and,
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
How to apply
For more information, visit the Society’s website bcscholarshipsociety.ca , or contact them at email@example.com. You can also call them toll-free at 1-844-478-4645, or simply text us with your questions (778-200-2502).
NOTE: These Scholarships are adjudicated and awarded by the Society.