Approval to complete a second graduate degree

Regulation type
Section 1: Credit and Registration

Students who have a master’s or a doctoral degree (either from Royal Roads University or another university) can apply to complete a second degree at the same level, provided (1) the amount of credit to be transferred from the first degree to the second does not exceed the limitations outlined in the academic regulations, and (2) the research performed for each of the programs is either completely new or the research performed for one of the programs builds upon the research performed for the other program in a new way. A student enrolled in such a second degree program is subject to the standard maximum allowed time to completion; the clock for each of the two programs runs independently.