Our diversity statement
Diversity enriches community, expands learning, and advances knowledge.
Royal Roads University acknowledges and celebrates the diversity of our community, which is shaped by our complex identities, life experiences, and perspectives.
We strive to increase understanding, appreciation, and engagement with each other, thereby making us more compassionate human beings and strengthening the fabric of our communities.
To achieve this, we commit to:
- facilitating educational experiences, research opportunities, and a workplace environment that reflect and benefit from the diversity of our communities
- fostering an environment that is open, inclusive, safe, respectful, and fair, and in which a diversity of ideas are able to flourish
Our expectation is that we will support one another in fulfilling these commitments, thereby cultivating a whole, thriving community that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Let us know your feedback!
Diversity Statement Consultation and Renewal 2022
The Diversity Action Group is facilitating a review of RRU’s Diversity Statement. We are seeking input from all members of the RRU community.
You have many ways to share your feedback:
- Complete a brief survey that asks you open-ended questions about the Diversity Statement. The survey will be open until March 3, 2022
- Participate in a Padlet discussion about the Diversity Statement. The Padlet will be open until March 3, 2022.
- Attend a facilitated online discussion on February 24, 2022 or March 2, 2022.
An updated draft of the Diversity Statement will be circulated to the RRU community in early spring for further consultation.
Questions? Email the Diversity Action Group.
Diversity Action Group
Visit the Diversity Action Group page for more information or to contact us about diversity at Royal Roads.