Livestreamed ceremony from the Dogwood Auditorium at 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Congratulations, Royal Roads University Class of 2023!
Spring 2023 Convocation will be held on Friday, June 9, 2023 in the beautiful new Dogwood Auditorium.
We look forward to welcoming our graduates, friends and families to campus to celebrate!
Schedule of Ceremonies
Ceremonies will take place at 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. PDT.
Please find the schedule of ceremonies.
- Check in one hour prior to ceremony start time
- Ceremony (expected to be approximately one hour in length)
- Cap toss!
- Post-Ceremony New Alumni Celebration in the Sherman Jen Building, photo opportunities and more… friends and family welcome!
- Explore the campus! Go inside Hatley Castle, enjoy the formal gardens, look for photo ops and connect with your cohort. #RRUgrad
Please tune in on June 9th to watch the livestream; the link will show each ceremony as it airs. Recordings will be available on the Royal Roads YouTube channel shortly after Convocation.
- Each graduate may select up to two guest tickets on their application to attend convocation.
- Due to Fire Code regulations every guest must have a ticket, including infants.
If extra tickets are available, they will be released one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Extra tickets are first come, first served
- Each person in line may request a maximum of two extra tickets
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate any advance requests for extra tickets.
Overflow seating will be available on campus where we will be showing a live broadcast of the ceremony for guests who are unable to secure tickets in the Auditorium. In addition, all ceremonies will be livestreamed for those supporters who are unable to attend in person.
Seating and accessibility
The Auditorium will open for guests one hour prior to each ceremony. Accessible seating is available upon request. As a graduating student, you can make note of this in your application form, or contact us directly.
On-campus accommodation is not available at this time.
Transportation and parking
Ceremonies will take place in the Dogwood Auditorium, at Royal Roads University, located on the west end of campus. View our Campus Map.
- Complimentary parking will be available in the Central Parking Lot and Upper Lot.
- Expect a 12 to 15 minute walk to the venue space with incline and decline to and from parking lots. We recommend appropriate footwear.
- Limited shuttle service available throughout the day from both parking lots.
- We encourage alternative transportation either via public transit, walking or cycling.
Pre-book for June 9th. Note there is a $10 sit-fee that is payable in cash or cheque on the day-of. Check out the FAQ document.
Looking to purchase flowers to celebrate your grad? Pre-purchase your bouquet and pick up when you arrive on June 9th.
Graduate rings: RRU rings can be purchased directly through Jostens.
Diploma frames: Show the world you did it! Diploma frames and merchandise are available at the Campus Store.
#RRUgrad on social media
Tag your grad photos #RRUgrad on our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels.
We'd love to heart you, congratulate you and share a few.
Ain't no mountain high enough? Good vibrations? Can't stop the feeling? What gets you dancing?
Past convocation ceremonies
Watch previous RRU convocation ceremonies on our YouTube channel.
2021 Fall Virtual Convocation