Congratulations, Royal Roads University Class of 2023!
Spring 2023 Convocation will be held on Friday, June 9, 2023 in the beautiful new Dogwood Auditorium.
We look forward to welcoming our graduates, friends, and families to our new campus to celebrate! The ceremony schedule will be announced mid-May.
Application to attend convocation
The application to attend convocation will open at the end of March. Keep an eye to your email for your link to apply!
Apply here between March 23, 2023 and May 5, 2023.
Completing and submitting the application form does not imply you have met the academic requirements to graduate and attend convocation. If you are unsure if you have met the academic requirements, contact the Office of the Registrar.
Missed the deadline? Contact us
Be part of the graduate slideshow
Submit your photo for the opportunity to be included in a graduate slideshow!
We want to feel your excitement that you have completed your program. Send us your photo – and be creative! You are welcome to include your biggest champions too.
Alumni Relations will review the submissions and award a prize for the best photo.
Submit your photo by Friday, May 19.
Schedule of Ceremonies
Ceremonies will take place at 9 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m. PST.
Individual ceremony times for each program will be announced mid-May.
- Check in one hour prior to ceremony start time
- Ceremony (expected to be approximately one hour in length)
- Cap toss!
- Post-Ceremony New Alumni Celebration in the Sherman Jen Building, photo opportunities and more… friends and family welcome!
- Explore the campus! Go inside Hatley Castle, enjoy the formal gardens, look for photo ops and connect with your cohort. #RRUgrad
- Each graduate may select up to two (2) guest tickets on their application to attend convocation.
- Due to Fire Code regulations every guest must have a ticket, including infants.
If extra tickets are available, they will be released one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Extra tickets are first come, first served
- Each person in line may request a maximum of two (2) extra tickets
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate any advance requests for extra tickets.
Overflow seating will be available on campus where we will be showing a live broadcast of the ceremony for guests who are unable to secure tickets in the Auditorium. In addition, all ceremonies will be livestreamed for those supporters who are unable to attend in person.
Seating and accessibility
The Auditorium will open for guests one hour prior to each ceremony. Accessible seating is available upon request; graduating students can make note of this on their application form or reach out to email@example.com.
On-campus accommodation is not available at this time.
Transportation and parking
Ceremonies will take place in the Dogwood Auditorium, at Royal Roads University, located on the west end of campus. View our Campus Map.
- Complimentary parking will be available in the Central Parking Lot and Upper Lot
- Expect a 12 to 15 minute walk to the venue space with incline and decline to and from parking lots. We recommend appropriate footwear
- Limited shuttle service available throughout the day from both parking lots
- We encourage alternative transportation either via public transit, walking or cycling
#RRUgrad on social media
Tag your grad photos #RRUgrad on our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels. We'd love to heart you, congratulate you and share a few.
RRU rings can be purchased directly through Jostens.
Show the world you did it! Diploma frames and merchandise are available at the Campus Store.
Past convocation ceremonies
Watch previous RRU convocation ceremonies on our YouTube channel.
2021 Fall Virtual Convocation