New students (Entrance)
The Royal Roads University Entrance Award program recognizes prospective students who have demonstrated achievement through academic or other preparation in one of our major theme areas: sustainable development, entrepreneurship, empowering leadership, and conflict analysis and management. One $10,000 award is offered in recognition of the university's values of diversity and changemaking, and awarded to one candidate in each quarterly competition that most embodies those values.
The Royal Roads University Entrance Bursary program recognizes prospective students who have selflessly dedicated their time and energy to volunteerism and community involvement and who demonstrate a reasonable amount of financial need. The purpose of this bursary is to aid in reducing a financial barrier to enrolling at RRU by helping those who have helped others.
Candidates must describe their eligibility for the Entrance Award and/or Entrance Bursary in a one page application essay. The Awards Adjudication Panel has the flexibility to offer an Entrance Award for excellence or an Entrance Bursary if the decision was based on financial need. The panel also has the discretion to decide the value of the award or bursary, whether a $2,000, $5,000, or $10,000 award dependent on the pool of candidates.
How to apply
- this Entrance Award is open to students who will be active in their program after the application deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from:
- December 1st to February 1st
- March 1st to May 1st
- June 1st to August 1st
- September 1st to November 1st
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin.
- address eligibility in one one-page essay with your name in top margin