Our flexible programs at Royal Roads University can help you meet your professional development requirements at any stage in your career with the Canadian Armed Forces or Department of National Defence.
These opportunities for education and career advancement are supported by the CAF professional development framework and paid education program.
Canadian Armed Forces professional development framework
The CAF professional development framework can help you to understand expectations for professional development at various stages in your career.
- common tasks and competencies required for leadership and management at various ranks
- the type, timing and quality of professional development required by members of of the CAF at each stage of their development
Canadian Armed Forces paid education program
Earn while you learn. The CAF paid education program offers you a competitive salary, while you complete a designated post-secondary education program.
Educational expenses reimbursement
You can receive educational expenses reimbursement as a member of CAF or DND. Contact your Personnel Selection Officer to learn how to complete an individual learning plan.
To apply for reimbursement, you'll need to submit your individual learning plan. You will also need to provide the following:
- proof of successful completion
- original receipts for tuition, books and instruments
- list of required books and associated costs
- CF-52 (General Allowance Claim) form
Your Personnel Selection Officer can answer questions about how to complete your individual learning plan or apply for reimbursement of your educational expenses.
Contact us if you have questions about specific Royal Roads University programs.