Using Royal Roads imagery
Royal Roads images portray real people in real moments. Our photos are natural and feel unstaged.
Our Brand Centre includes current and historical images of students, classrooms, events, grounds and gardens. Images are available in several formats and resolutions for web and print.
Our goal is to photograph people looking passionate and alive, engaged and informed, and on an active campus.
Our goal is to photograph active, visually rich and interesting scenes. Our photos are tactile; they show evidence of activity and have natural light and warm colours.
Photography quick tips
Photos that look and feel like RRU photography share these characteristics:
- capture real moments and avoid posed situations
- feature realistic perspectives, no extreme angles
- include textures and details in architecture
- show evidence of activity (e.g., a book left open on a garden bench, a research project in the rainy woods)
- include calming space (often white space) in the shot
- show people engaging in a conversation or activity
If you're unable to find a suitable image in the Brand Centre for your needs, we can help source stock photography options.