New students (Entrance)
The Greater Victoria Chamber 1863 Impact Award has been established by the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce in celebration of its 160th anniversary. The award will support students at Royal Roads by bridging the gap between high school graduation and life-long learning, with the goal to create good business and great community for all, encouraging equity, diversity, innovation and sustainability. As key figures in our economy's future, our youth will become the leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs who will change the world. As always, The Chamber hopes to support that journey.
- Students between 17 and 30 years of age, enrolled and entering certificate or degree programs at Royal Roads.
- Preference given to students meeting at least two of the criteria below in the following priorities:
- dependent of a Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce member
- self-identifies as belonging to an under-represented group, including: Canadian Indigenous, racialized group, 2SLGBTQQIA+, neuro-diverse, persons living with a visible or invisible disability, youth from care.
- students demonstrating reasonable financial need.
How to apply
- this Entrance Award is open to students who will be active in their program after the application deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from June 1st to August 1st
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin.
- address eligibility in one one-page essay with your name in top margin