Environment & Sustainability
Active students (In-course)
Application open date
August 01, 2021 23:59 PM
Robert Bateman is an internationally noted artist who depicts landscapes, animals, birds and heritage buildings and whose work has been exhibited at museums and galleries across the globe. He has published a book on environmental, philosophical and educational issues and is a geographer and former high school teacher. Birgit Freybe Bateman is a noted photographer who depicts landscapes, people and abstract images and has had her photographs appear in international publications and calendars.
The Birgit and Robert Bateman Bursary is available to one or more graduate students enrolled in the School of Environment and Sustainability’s Environmental Education and Communication program, who demonstrate a strong involvement in environmental education and/or communication and also present significant financial need. This award reflects the Batemans’ shared life-long commitment to education and the environment.
- demonstrated financial need
- enrolled in the MA in Environmental Education and Communication program
- demonstrated significant commitment/involvement in environmental education and communication
How to apply
- this In-Course Award is open to students who are (or will be) active in their program on the deadline date
- pending the availability of funding, the competition will run annually from June 1st to August 1st (closes 11:59pm PST)
- applications are submitted online through MyAdmin. A full list of awards in competition will be viewable upon login
- address eligibility criteria for all awards in that competition one one-page essay with your name in top margin