The aim of this British Columbia provincial program is to improve access, services and educational outcomes for former youth in care by waiving tuition fees.
- Canadian citizen
- from British Columbia
- have been in care for a minimum total of 24 months
- individuals outside the eligibility criteria will be considered on a case by case basis. You can submit a request to email@example.com for consideration
This program applies to the wide range of study programs outlined below. There is no minimum course duration, course load, or maximum tuition fee coverage.
- Credit and non-credit courses leading to a certificate, diploma, credential or undergraduate degree
- Courses taken during unclassified qualifying years, non-credit-based trades programs and continuing education programs eligible for student financial assistance
- Apprenticeship training
- Any non-credit courses associated with lifelong learning or competencies related to the labour market
This Program does not apply to graduate or post-graduate courses or programs.
How to apply
- Student completes Royal Roads admissions application and self-identifies as former youth in care meeting the program eligibility.
- Student completes the Provincial Tuition Waiver Program application form and submits to RRU's Financial Aid & Awards office. This consent allows your institution to validate eligibility with Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD).
- Royal Roads University will request validation of student eligibility from MCFD by submitting consent form through the validation process.
- If the admissions application is approved, Royal Roads University will admit you to your program of study without collecting tuition fees. If you have already been verified and paid your fees, your tuition fees will be reimbursed.
- Where an individual falls outside the eligibility criteria, but wishes to be considered, the individual or the institution can submit a request to the System Navigator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.