As a result graduates of the program will have learned and develop the following:
1. Personal Mastery: Demonstrates reflective practice, values and ethics alignment, and a lifelong commitment to cultivating self-awareness and personal mastery
2. Learning, Creativity, & Innovation: Attends to one’s own learning and the learning of others while thinking critically and creatively, and generating innovative approaches to complex challenges.
3. Strategic & Collaborative Leadership: Selects leadership approach suited to the context, while effectively communicating with and listening to multiple audiences; facilitating and engaging in teamwork and decision-making; and building authentic relationships toward shared goals.
4. Engaged Inquiry: Integrates self-inquiry and systematic inquiry that leads to learning and evidence-based action for Positive change at the personal, organizational, and societal levels.
5. Systems Change: Understands one’s own sphere of influence within a system and demonstrates comprehension and application of systems thinking and complexity theory through action toward systems change.
6. Evidence-Based Scholarship: Demonstrates the ability to critically evaluate and synthesize multiple sources of information through effective communication in academic settings.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Leadership will gain research and consulting skills, and become better communicators and more confident leaders with the ability to:
- Identify, analyze, and build solutions to organizational challenges
- Manage positive organizational change
- Develop effective, high performance teams
- Manage an organization’s internal and external political environment
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Implement change and achieve results
The nine credits earned by completing this program can be applied towards the Master of Arts in Leadership, Master of Arts in Leadership (Health) or Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies programs at Royal Roads University.