Royal Roads MBA program allows you to complete your program with a specialization.
The program offers a suite of specializations options to meet your interests as well as personal and professional needs. The wide range of specializations in areas of high demand allows you to personalize your learning experience, customize your program, and gain the knowledge and practical experiences in areas that interest you most.
Royal Roads MBA specializations are offered through Graduate Certificates in various fields such as the ones in the list below. By completing one of Royal Roads MBA specializations, dual credential of Royal Roads MBA plus a professional graduate certificate.
The practical and applied nature of the specialization options allows us to provide academic qualification in partnership with professional affiliations such as the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada), the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), Association of Change Management Professionals®, International Coaching Federation (ICF), Project Management Institute (PMI), and the Association of Change Management Professionals®.
Designed for working professionals like you, the specializations provide educational hours towards the professional credentials and in-depth knowledge to support your career and diversify your work options and roles within your current organizations, or allow you to transition out of your organizations and establish an independent career.
Please note that depending on the specialization you select, you may extend the duration to complete the MBA program. Also, note you'll need to apply and meet the admission requirements to the specific Graduate Certificate you select.
If you have already completed one of Royal Roads Graduate Certificate programs, you can use the 9 credits earned towards the MBA program.
Royal Roads MBA specializations
Management Consulting, Change Management, and Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Management Consulting
- Graduate Certificate in Change Management
- Graduate Certificate in Workplace Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Asia Pacific Trade and Investment
- Graduate Certificate in International Business and Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Personal and Professional Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Management and Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Global Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Values-Based Leadership
Environment and Sustainability
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Education and Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Science and Policy of Climate Change
Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Communication Management
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Global Communication
Education and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Business Development in International Education
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Systems Leadership in Higher Education
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Enrolment Management
Tourism and Hospitality
MITx MicroMasters specializations
Alternatively, you can choose to specialize in Supply Chain Management, Principles of Manufacturing, Data, Economics and Development Policy or Statistics and Data Science by pursuing one of these four MicroMasters® credentials from MITx, one of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s online education programs.
Delivered online, the MITx MicroMasters programs allow learners anywhere in the world to earn professional and academic credentials designed for top careers.
You may choose to complete your MicroMasters program before, during, or after your MBA. Learners who pass an integrated set of MITx graduate-level courses and the corresponding proctored exams can earn MicroMasters credentials and can apply up to nine credits to the completion of the Royal Roads University MBA program.
For more information about the MBA program, or how you can use the credits earned towards the MBA program, please contact our enrolment advisors by email, or call 1.877.778.6227 to learn more. If you are an international student, please contact our international enrolment team.