The Graduate Certificate in Leadership (GCL) is designed to meet the leadership and learning needs of mid-level to senior leaders and how they leverage values to lead cultural change and sustained successful innovation in their organizations.
This three-course, nine-credit graduate certificate program is delivered over six months and includes a blending of online study and one six-day on-campus residency. Through this experiential program, students will work in a cohort environment, practicing current tools and strategies. The program curriculum is driven through developing a sophisticated understanding of the following areas:
- Values-based Leadership, as well as Strategic and Collaborative Leadership
- Learning, Creativity and Innovation
- Systems Change: Serving the common good.
- Organizations and Organizational Change
- Research and Inquiry
- Values-based Group and Team Facilitation
- Personal Mastery
Who It’s For
This program is ideal for mid-level to senior leaders looking to improve their leadership focused on creating and supporting organizational cultures that foster exceptional engagement and adaptability to changing demands. It will be of special interest to those who want to:
- Enhance their ability to lead themselves and others through authentic shared values
- Mentor emerging leaders in values-based decision-making and action
- Build strong and productive partnerships and teams
- Attract and retain talent
- Increase productivity
- Improve the bottom line
- Enhance reputation with all stakeholders
- Create a positive and lasting innovation
The program is also well suited for leaders interested in improving their consciousness and capabilities within the realm of organizational leadership but aren’t currently ready to pursue a full master’s degree.
Applicants who do not have the formal academic education to qualify for admission may be assessed based on both their formal education and their informal learning, in accordance with the Flexible Admission Policy. Please visit the program admission page for more information.