Graduate Certificate in Transforming Child Protection to Wellbeing
Standard Admission Requirements
- a four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a relevant and related field, with a minimum GPA of B+ (3.33/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution
- at least two years of relevant work in some capacity with children, preferably at the leadership or management level
- a personal statement addressing how you consider your academic education to be relevant and related
If you don't meet the standard admission requirements, you can be considered for flexible admission to this program under the following circumstances:
- If you meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA requirement, you will be required to have a minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree you will normally require 10 years of work experience, with a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in a leadership or management position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You will need to explain in your personal statement how your work experience meets these requirements.
You will also be required to take Academic Writing and Critical Thinking and obtain a minimum B+ (77%). This course must be completed several weeks before your program begins.
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your primary language, review our English language requirements.
Experience in a leadership or management position is considered on the basis of a holistic review of career progression, which demonstrates increasing competency and/or responsibility. It can include, but is not limited to, supervisory functions, signing responsibilities, contributions to organizational change and/or implementation of organizational vision and mission.
For more information about this program or how to apply, connect with an Advisor by email, or call 250.391.2528 or 1.877.778.6227 (toll-free).