RRU in the Media
Replay: Behind the Medals Sochi Olympics debates
Suffering from the post-Olympics blues? Watch replays of our Behind the Medals: Politics and Values at the Olympics panel discussions featuring Royal Roads experts in leadership, communication and sport.
The panels, held Feb. 7, Feb. 14 and Feb. 21, offer a thoughtful perspective on the Sochi Olympics, covering the issues beyond TV highlights and podium ceremonies.
- School of Communication and Culture director Jennifer Walinga, member of Canada's Commonwealth, World and Olympic gold medalist rowing teams (1983-1992);
- Media and sports expert Michael Real, who managed a project for UNESCO that resulted in a book-length report Global Ritual: Olympic Media Coverage and International Understanding;
- School of Leadership Studies and Office of Interdisciplinary Studies adjunct professor Deanna Binder, an education consultant for the International Olympic Committee and author of its Olympic values global education program;
- Marilyn Taylor, director of the Institute for Values-Based Leadership and professor in the School of Leadership Studies at RRU. Taylor is a founding member of the International Consortium for Coaching in Organizations.
- Special guest moderator and Times Colonist sports columnist Cleve Dheensaw.
Watch replays of the panel discussions from Feb. 21, Feb. 14 and Feb. 7, respectively: