For media inquiries, please contact, Pamela D'souza.
- Pamela dot Dsouza at royalroads.ca
Royal Roads joins trade mission to sign global agreements
Potential partnerships in anti-bullying and youth violence research, an emergency and disaster program and a leadership degree for Korean women will be formalized in Korea and China by Royal Roads University as part of Premier Christy Clark’s jobs and trade mission to Asia this month.
RRU’s president and vice chancellor, Dr. Allan Cahoon, will sign memoranda of understanding (MOU) with three institutions in Seoul, Korea and one in Beijing, China. “Joining the jobs and trade mission to Asia allows RRU to introduce our strategic partners to the Premier,” said Cahoon. “The delegation will also see how the university’s unique labour market mandate has been extended to Asia, creating a network of alumni transformed by their RRU education.”
RRU has been active in Asia since 1999 and now has over 6,000 mature, working professional alumni who are now leading companies and government agencies that BC can work with as international trading partners and potential investors.
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (Beijing, China) Nov. 26
- Signing of an MOU outlining the creation of a joint degree with BUPT and Royal Roads University in emergency and disaster management – the first of its kind in China. Education on disaster mitigation, rescue and prevention solutions are in demand especially after the massive earthquake in Sichuan Province. BUPT, founded in 1955, is a university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education.
The Foundation for Preventing Youth Violence (Seoul, Korea) Nov. 29
- Signing of an MOU to create a joint forum on youth violence prevention programs as well as academic exchange programs. The unique project is the first of its kind in Korea collaborated by a BC university.
Sookmyung Women’s University (Seoul, Korea) Nov. 29
- Signing of an MOU to create a joint MA in Leadership program, which fits SWU’s role in training for women in leadership.
Kyung Hee University (Seoul, Korea) Nov. 29
- Signing of an MOU to develop academic cooperation in research, knowledge sharing, joint seminars and academic meetings, student/faculty exchanges and short-term academic programs in the areas of tourism and hospitality sectors. Kyung Hee is a comprehensive private research university, encompassing an educational system from kindergarten to graduate school with high-level recognitions including UNESCO prize for Peace Education.