For media inquiries, please contact, Cindy MacDougall.
- Cindy dot MacDougall at royalroads.ca
- Mobile: 250.882.3481
Bursaries available for Island’s first Social Venture Bootcamp
Bursaries are available for businesses, non-profit organizations, students or individuals to attend Vancouver Island’s first Social Venture Bootcamp.
Registrants will work with educators to test the viability of their social enterprising idea—from concept to launch. Participants will leave the workshop with a solid plan for moving their idea forward for testing.
- The United Way is providing two bursaries for non-profit organizations with an idea for a social venture in Greater Victoria.
- Coastal Community Credit Union is offering two bursaries for businesses, non-profit organizations or individuals with a social venture idea on Vancouver Island.
- Futurpreneur is offering two bursaries for business owners or individuals under 40 with a social venture idea.
- Island Coastal Economic Trust is providing two bursaries for non-profit organizations with ideas for a social venture located in central or North Vancouver Island or on the Sunshine Coast.
- Vancouver Island University is providing three bursaries for VIU students interested in developing their social venture idea. Interested applicants can contact Carrie Chassels for more information.
In partnership with SeCatalyst, Camosun College and the University of Victoria, Royal Roads will host the bootcamp Feb. 15 to 18, 2018. The deadline to apply for bursaries is Feb. 4.