For media inquiries, please contact, Marg Leguilloux.
- Phone: 250.391.2526
- Mobile: 236.638.3671
Alumni news roundup: June to Dec. 2019
December 17, 2019
Tags: alumni news
From new CEOs to MPs and fire chiefs to fleet commanders — our alumni are in the news.
- Master of Arts in Leadership grad Robert Kipps (2018) named fire chief for City of Port Coquitlam.
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Human Resource Management grad (2018) and Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies student Charlene Jordan-Jones appointed first female director of Justice Institute of British Columbia’s fire and safety division.
- Master of Arts in Leadership grad (2018) Shelley Hale re-elected as council president for Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Master of Business Administration in Executive Management grad Karen Orser (2016) named chief executive officer of Calgary and Area Child Advocacy Centre.
- Master of Arts in Leadership grad Monique Goffinet Miller (2016) named chief executive officer of the Provincial Capital Commission in Regina.
- Master of Arts in Leadership and Training grad Micki McCartney (2015) named regional director of kálax-ay, Capilano University’s Sunshine Coast campus.
- Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies grad (2015) and President’s Scholar Award recipient Jennifer Hunt-Poitras called to the Northwest Territories bar.
- Master of Arts in Learning and Technology grad (2014) John Dallas named academic chair for Algonquin College’s Information and Communications Technology – Security, Systems and Networking.
- Master of Business Administration in Executive Management grad Mike Olesen (2014) promoted to chief executive officer of Red Deer multi-use facility Westerner Park.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management grad Julien Phipps (2012) appointed senior vice president of sales for digital assets trading company Alt 5.
- Master of Arts in Human Security and Peacebuilding grad Laurel Collins (2012) elected NDP MP for Victoria in the fall federal election.
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching grad (2010) Evan Hu appointed chief technology officer of artificial intelligence at software company TerraHub.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management grad (2010) Joness Lang appointed independent director to the board of American Pacific Mining.
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication grad (2010) Commander Landon Creasy appointed to command HMCS Regina, Canadian Fleet Pacific.
- Master of Business Administration in Executive Management grad Della Anaquod (2005) appointed president and academic dean of Shingwauk Kinoomaage Gamig, an Anishinaabe university.
- Master of Business Administration (2001) grad Gordon Exel appointed president of Cummins Westport.
- Master of Arts in Conflict Analysis and Management grad Jennifer Strachan (2000) sworn in as BC’s new RCMP commander.