Webinar - Building Global Resilience: The Role of Social Purpose Organizations
Join us for Building Global Resilience: The Role of Social Purpose Organizations, the second session in our Leading in Extraordinary Times 2021 webinar series.
COVID-19 has offered some organizations the opportunity to pivot in a way that supports their employees and volunteers, as well as and the clients and communities they serve, with greater purpose and relevancy. Yet, although the words “purpose” and “resilience” are widely used, they are poorly understood.
Throughout the pandemic, many organizations have struggled with how to articulate that clear purpose while learning to be resilient, adaptable, and strong themselves. Many continue to grapple with how to have impact in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world, while questioning their own relevancy and capacity for sustainability into the future.
Building resilience without a larger imperative for supporting global health and wellbeing is not enough for surviving the new era. COVID-19 has shed light on the urgent and pivotal role that social purpose organizations play in addressing the immediate issues this crisis has brought to the surface. Social purpose organizations may even be key to our ability to survive and thrive into the future.
On February 5th, join us for a globally-focused webinar with:
- Nandita Bhatt, Director of Operations, Martha Farrell Foundation, India, an organization that promotes gender justice and equality in the workplace and community;
- Éliane Ubalijoro, Professor of Practice For Public-Private Sector Partnerships at McGill University’s Institute for the Study of International Development, Canada, who is involved in a range of innovative international initiatives including serving as the founder and executive director of C.L.E.A.R. International Development Inc., a consulting group harnessing global networks for sustainable systems development; and
- Pablo Chamorro, Director of the Salinerito Community Guides Association, (Director de la Asociación de Guías Comunitarios del Salinerito), Ecuador, an association that promotes space for reflection, coordination, integration and construction of responsible citizenship committed to human, integral development, equity and inclusion. It also seeks to strengthen the economic, social and cultural development of the community.
Hosted by RRU’s Global Leadership programming in the School of Leadership Studies, this webinar will explore the role of social purpose organizations in building our collective resilience. These global social purpose leaders will help you understand and see how change can be manifested through their examples and experiences in the different global contexts with purpose and impact.
- Date: Friday, February 5, 2021
- Time: 9:30 - 11:00 am (Pacific Time)
Please register in advance space is limited. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These extraordinary times are still calling for our leadership. Let's continue to rise to the challenge.